Turning data into decisions
Whether you need help designing an experiment, making sense of the results of a survey, or uncovering a signal buried deep in the noise, you have come to the right place. Contact us today for a free consultation and estimate.
Even the biggest, most carefully-collected data set is nothing more than a curiosity, until it can be used, to make a good decision, or to teach us something new about the world. Is a new medical treatment really better than the current one? How many extra airplanes should an airline keep on standby to avoid flight cancellations? (And is it cheaper to buy another airplane, or buy hotel rooms for stranded passengers?) Is the winner of the world series really the best baseball team in the country?
Our business is finding the shortest path from the data you collect to the answers you need.
- November 2019: Meet me at the Pacific Northwest Association for Institutional Research and Planning (PNAIRP) conference in Vacouver, BC, 13-15 November 2019. I will be speaking about estimating how many of a college's graduates work in their field after graduating.
- October 2019: Meet me at the Montana state chapter of the American Statistical Association's annual meeting in Bozeman, MT, 11 October 2019. I will be speaking about building physically plausible probability distributions for the intervals between geyser eruptions.
- September 2019: Meet me at the Achieving the Dream Data and Analytics Summit in College Park, MD, 11-13 September 2019.
- May 2019: Presented at the Association for Institutional Research in Denver, CO.
- November 2018: My colleagues at the PNAIRP conference in Portland, OR, 14-16 November 2018, honored me with the Best Presentation Award, for my talk on how a college's financial aid office can set a fair textbook allowance.
- October 2018: Launched a new sub-page about my research work in Yellowstone Park, including an article series on measuring heights of geyser eruptions.